How did we combine online and offline strategies to launch an awareness campaign for Pfizer?
In 2019, we were asked by one of the world’s premier biopharmaceutical companies - Pfizer to prepare a marketing campaign, promoting the launch of our client’s newly acquired product.
Joanna Zbierańska-KleszkoMedical Lead, Pfizer Poland
For one of the world’s premier biopharmaceutical companies - Pfizer, we have launched a comprehensive marketing campaign introduced nationwide to young dental Professionals. Our main goal was to combine online and offline marketing strategies in order to increase awareness and knowledge of the adequate dosage schemes of our client’s new medicinal product.
Project goal and overview:
In 2019, we were asked by one of the world’s premier biopharmaceutical companies - Pfizer to prepare a marketing campaign, promoting the launch of our client’s newly acquired product. The main objective was to build awareness of adequate dosage schemes of the medication among young dental. Reaching doctors at the beginning of their careers is the best guarantee that they will acquire and sustain this knowledge. Consequently, we got the chance of expanding various channels of communication tailored to the digital young doctors.
As a result, we launched a comprehensive marketing campaign dedicated to young dental Professionals. Our main aim was to combine online and offline marketing strategies in order to increase awareness and knowledge of the correct dosage of our client’s product.
Preparing a multichannel marketing campaign, promoting and increasing awareness of correct dosage schemes of Pfizer’s product.
Young Healthcare Professionals from dental fields all around Poland.
Our client’s needs:
- Developing product awareness for the recipients of the campaign.
- Establishing our client's image as a reliable and trustworthy company.
- Correcting and improving the knowledge of correct dosage schemes of our client’s product among young doctors.
- Combining far-reaching multichannel strategies that would familiarize recipients with the product and its adequate use.
- Organizing and promoting offline and online events.
- Reaching an adequate target audience - young dental professionals and students.
- Creating promotional and educational materials based on extensive research.
Our target’s needs:
- Relying on Pfizer as a trustworthy biopharmaceutical company and its products.
- Acquiring a reliable source of information about our client’s product.
- Improving skills and knowledge of correct schemes of medication dosage.
- Obtaining social media content tailored to the needs of the target audience.
Medical products promotion is, unquestionably, a highly challenging task. To fully meet our client’s needs, we have relied on various methods of multichannel communication.
Our main goal was to launch a broad nationwide campaign, available both offline and online. Consistency and effectiveness were paramount. That being the case, we have set up a surgical part of a stationary conference and a series of workshops for young dentists, along with holding webinars, social media presence, and post-calls.
A conference and post-calls
Reaching dental Professionals was fundamental. In order to successfully do that, we have established a cooperation with Polskie Towarzystwo Studentów Stomatologii (eng. Polish Association of Dental Students - PTSS). Under their patronage, we organized a surgical part of the education conference.
During the event, we were collecting marketing consents from the audience. As a result, we further developed engaging communication through various channels. After the conference, we sent a series of educational and promotional materials to the target groups along with carrying out post-calls.
A series of nationwide oral surgery workshops
We knew that reaching doctors at the beginning of their career first is the best guarantee that they will sustain the knowledge along with developing trust and loyalty in our client’s products. Consequently, a substantial part of our campaign depended on conducting a series of nationwide oral surgery workshops, which were introduced in six cities all around Poland. It was a great opportunity for our target audience to improve their practical skills and expand their theoretical knowledge of oral surgery and antibiotic therapy.
Social media presence
Reaching an adequate target audience was absolutely necessary. Thus, besides concentrating on offline actions, we have explored all available online strategies.
In order to do that, we used social media to expand our target audience. In the social media groups dedicated only to the Healthcare Professionals, we conducted a series of webinars associated with our client’s product - antibiotic therapy and correct schemes of medical profession practice. After the events, we directed the audience to Pfizer’s website page to receive post-event educational materials.
Promotional and educational materials
To comprehensively show the complexities of our client’s product, we created all content for the campaign preceded by extensive research. Not only did we prepare the text materials, but we also completed the visual side of the project.
A significant part of our campaign was to combine various channels. In order to further develop engaging communication after the offline events, we created educational and promotional content based on the testimonials from Key Opinion Leaders. Thanks to collecting marketing consents, the materials summarising the key points of the lectures and workshops could be conveyed to the participants.
The key results:
- Operated various channels of the campaign, combining online actions with offline activities.
- Ran a surgical part of an education conference, providing extensive theoretical expertise, and conducted a nationwide series of workshops in 6 Polish cities, offering medical proficiency.
- Thanks to various communication strategies (post-calls, social media presence, and educational and promotional materials), we have managed to achieve the target audience.
- Expanded new ways of reaching young Healthcare Professionals.
- Created a series of educational and promotional content based on the testimonials from Key Opinion Leaders.